We need to take account of the things that happen in the Bible, there were certain times that God moved greatly and there were times when it seemed that God was nowhere to be found. That is when we should take a look at our lives to examine what is wrong and then make it right before the Lord.
1. But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2. And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet.
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? And after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? Why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? Thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6 And the young men arose, wound him up and carried him out and buried him.
7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, yea, for so much.
9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door and shall carry thee out.
10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet and yielded up the ghost and the young men came in, and found her dead and carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.When you lie to God you never die alone.
Miracles happened after God removed them who gave less than their best.
Our greatest growth restrictions, is because we have giving God less than our best.
1. Our worship should be made with reverence unto God giving him our best as we come together to lift up his name
2. We fail to give God our best in reverencing the house of God.
3. Israel made a God out of anything that made them feel good and failed to honor the one true God.
We have giving God our least instead of our best and therefore we seldom see the miracles.
We fail to remember that Jesus death [paid for a worldwide revival.] Wayne Huntley.
Ananias, with his wife Sapphira, gave God what they wanted to give, him rather than giving God what they should have.
We live in a generation of people who give what they want and when they want not what God requires.
1. You pay your tithes and that is good but you rob God in offerings and that holds back the miracles. And when you do give, many give their least and hold back the rest for themselves that is what killed Ananias and his wife Sapphira.
2. You come to church but you don’t give God your best in worship. That holds back the miracles.
3. You may sing but do you give it all you got, God wants anointed singing without the anointing that holds back the miracles.
4. You may be dedicated to coming to church but not dedicated to God that holds back the miracles.
5. You pray but it isn’t effectual nor is it fervent.
In James 5:16: It says the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
That means the spirit of prayer is the proof that the power of God is present to heal.
· It’s not how long you pray but it is how you pray.
· We aren’t desperate enough when we pray.
· Desperate people will make a sacrifice to God and they will get an answer from God!
Ps 3:4…I cried unto the LORD with my voice and he heard me out of his holy hill. When was the last time you shed a tear for the lost?
Ps 30:2…O LORD my God, I cried unto thee and thou hast healed me.
When was the last time you felt the healing power of GOD?
17. I cried unto him with my mouth and he was extolled with my tongue.
When was the last Time you really praised him?
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
Sin will hold back answers from God!
19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
You had to be doing something right!
20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. A pure heart will always get an answer.
145 I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.
146 I cried unto thee; save me and I shall keep thy testimonies.
God knows the heart of man.
Here is the effectual fervent prayer: Ps 120:1 In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me. When you get desperate!
The psalmist is saying when I got desperate, when I showed God I was going to make the necessary changes to have a God sent revival that is when my miracle happened.
The only way to stay in the church is give God your best! When you don’t give God your best it won’t be long until you walk out and become the loser instead of the overcomer.
Cain offered God his lest and Abel gave God his best.
Moses spent 40 days on the mountain giving God his best and the people down below gave God their least and many of them died!
1. We need to give God our best in attendance.
2. Give God our best in giving
3. Give God our best in Worship and in prayer.
4. When we do, God will give his best.
You want to be blessed then give God your best.
It’s not enough just to come to church if you aren’t going to give God your best.
Throughout the bible people gave God what they wanted to give, so they gave him the least of the sacrifice and when they were in trouble he turned his face from them.
Remember the days of Samuel the people didn’t want God to rule over them, they didn’t want a prophet telling them what to do but they wanted a King like the rest of the world had. It hasn’t changed much.
Remember the sons of Eli they sinned in the house of God and cost Israel the victory and many people died because they didn’t honor the house of God.
People today don’t honor the house of God and many die because of it.
Stop being satisfied with what you are and start being what God wants you to be!
In the book of Judges Chapter 27, the victor would cut off the thumbs and the great toes of their enemy, that way they would lose their grip and their balance.
When a church loses its grip and balance the devil has paralyzed it to where it will never have another victory!
When you lose your power in prayer you are crippled, when you lose your desire to fast you lose your balance that is why we lose so many spiritual battles!
Satan wants to dismember us and make us lose our grip and our balance!
In Ezekiel 37, God showed the prophet the whole house of Israel is dead he asks the prophet in Ezekiel 37:3 Son of man, can these bones live? And he answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
1. I feel like God has asked many a preacher today “can these bones live?”
2. And like Ezekiel Preachers across this world are seeking God for a resurrection of their churches but the question is Son on man do you think they can live.
When we give up on the vision of Revival and only go through the motions we will become dry and dead.
I ask you a question, “can this church survive and rise up once more and become a mighty army for God?”
· Are you willing to give your best?
· Because if you don’t give your best in this battle, sooner or later it will kill you.
Let me tell you the reason that some of don’t care if they are at church or not.
1. You are giving God your least and you are on the verge of dying spiritually.
2. You are afraid to dedicate yourself because it cost you something to be used of God.
3. Your prayer life is weak and not fervent and not effectual, it’s not strong enough to help you survive the onslaught of the enemy.
You are slowly but surely being drained of all your desire to be in the presence of God and sooner or later not only you, but your children will die along with you.
You are always late because the things of God are not important to you.
I am going to prophesy to this church the same thing that God told Ezekiel to Prophesy to that valley of dry bones if you hear the word of the Lord you shall rise up and live and if not you shall die!
THUS SAYS THE LORD> he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5 Thus says the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you and will bring up flesh upon you and cover you with skin and put breath in you and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
7 Ezekiel said: “So I prophesied as I was commanded:” and as I prophesied, there was a noise, Can hear a noise? And behold a shaking, is anyone shaking? And the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
If there is no life God cannot use what is dead, it must arise and have life.
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man and say to the wind, “Thus saith the Lord GOD;” Come from the four winds, O breath and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me and the breath came into them and they lived and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
Do you want to be a great army or a defeated army?
11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say,” Our bones are dried and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.” They were admitting defeat God cannot use people without faith!
12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people and brought you up out of your graves, GOD WANTS US TO LIVE!
14 And shall put my spirit in you and ye shall live and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it and performed it, saith the LORD.
God wants you to know he is for you and not against you but you have to give him your best.
Those bones didn’t just lay there they began to shake they began to stand on their feet, God was causing them to come together, God was giving life to a mighty army.
He wants us to defeat and overcome the sin that is overshadowing his church.
He is fulfilling what he told Peter “AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHRUCH!”
Get up house of God come together for the battle is not ours it belongs to the LORD!