TEXT – RUTH 1: 1-17
Ruth was a woman in the scripture who had it very rough. It is very easy to share now because we know her end and because we know that she was not stopped and that she remained unstoppable and got results. If not, we would not have a testimony to share. The same way I want to encourage you that even though your path is rough like that of Ruth or worse – you are unstoppable and will remain unstoppable! In Jesus name!
Rth 1:3 But Elimelech, the husband of Naomi, died, and she was left with her two sons.
Rth 1:4 These took Moabite wives; the name of the one was Orpah and the name of the other Ruth. They lived there about ten years,
Rth 1:5 and both Mahlon and Chilion died, so that the woman was left without her two sons and her husband.
RUTH HAD DIFFERENT FORMULAS THAT SHE USED. WHAT ARE THEY?
1. SETBACK MANAGEMENT
Setbacks are not your end! Setbacks will not and should not define you negatively indefinitely. I have been there. It can be painful. Very painful when you have setbacks!
Rth 1:7 So she set out from the place where she was with her two daughters-in-law, and they went on the way to return to the land of Judah.
Rth 1:8 But Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, “Go, return each of you to her mother’s house. May the LORD deal kindly with you, as you have dealt with the dead and with me.
Rth 1:9 The LORD grant that you may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband!” Then she kissed them, and they lifted up their voices and wept.
Rth 1:12 Turn back, my daughters; go your way, for I am too old to have a husband. If I should say I have hope, even if I should have a husband this night and should bear sons,
1. As the Lord lives, the setbacks I have faced prior to now will not define my future negatively.
2. When things are not working for me, I will not be stopped or fazed because I have a future.
3. The power of setbacks to destroy a man – I destroy you!
4. No matter how bad or tough it seems, Ruth won! Same way, (insert name) will win!
5. Father, give me the strength and conviction of a man who knows that his redeemer lives.
6. When and where it is dark and painful – let me see your light!
7. When and where there has been betrayal and lonely – give me hope!
8. When and where it is hurting and distressful – lift up my hands
9. I decree, concerning (INSERT NAME), NO SETBACK WILL DERAIL YOUR DESTINY!
10. I decree, concerning (INSERT NAME), NO SETBACK WILL TURN YOU TO WHO YOU ARE NOT AND NO SETBACK WILL AFFECT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH.
12. Every setback or challenge that has turned me to a dunce and makes be look stupid – deliver me now!
13. Even in the midst of the cloud of uncertainty and gloom- I receive hope!
14. Through it all I will learn to trust in you! I will seek you as an anchor!
15. You are my strength like no other – HOLD MY HANDS! LET ME NOT FALL. LET ME NOT FAIL!
16. Every legacy of setbacks that has afflicted people in my generation, designed to stop me also– FAIL IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
17. Every recurrent program of attacks and deaths hanging over my destiny – BE ABORTED!
2. MAKING THE RIGHT AND BEST DECISIONS AND CHOICES
Your decisions particularly in the face of opposition or life turmoil can make or mar you! Your decisions can destroy or lift you up! Your decisions can stop you. Your choices can grind you temporarily and permanently. Ruth chose to stay with Naomi and her God.
Rth 1:14 Then they lifted up their voices and wept again. And Orpah kissed her mother-in-law, but Ruth clung to her.
Rth 1:15 And she said, “See, your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and to her gods; return after your sister-in-law.”
Rth 1:16 But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God.
Rth 1:17 Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”
18. From now, I remove my choices and decisions from the lottery of life – help me to make clear divine choices.
19. Now is my time to get it right and be UNSTOPPABLE. I will get it right!
20. If the safest and most attractive looking option will stop me – abort it Lord.
21. From today, my life, my home, my destiny, my finances will not run on luck – it will run on grace and the power of favor.
22. Every decision that I have made because that is the popular option but will stop me – show me and help me to reverse it before it is too late.
23. Every group that I am in – anywhere – church, office, profession that is slowing me down – by fire, deliver me!
24. Where my greatness is, where my lots will be better, even if I cannot see it now – I will stay there. The Holy Spirit will arrest me there!
Num 20:8 “Take the staff, and assemble the congregation, you and Aaron your brother, and tell the rock before their eyes to yield its water. So you shall bring water out of the rock for them and give drink to the congregation and their cattle.”
Num 20:12 And the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe in me, to uphold me as holy in the eyes of the people of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land that I have given them.”
25. As the Lord lives, Pain, anger and other complex emotional and temperamental struggles will not stop me. It will not stop my life’s ambition.
26. Every decision that I have taken in the past due to the spur of the moment that is attempting to stop me now – let mercy speak.
27. Help me Lord, anger will not destroy my home! Anger will not destroy everything I have used my hands to build!
Pro 16:32 Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
28. The power to rule my spirit, the power to rule my temperamental weaknesses so I will be unstoppable – give me now.
LOT WHO CHOSE THE WELL WATERED PLAINS OF JORDAN NEAR SODOM AND ALMOST DIED FOR IT
Gen 13:10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered everywhere, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
Gen 13:11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
29. Even if it looks good and attractive but will destroy me – I will not choose it!
30. Even if it looks good and inviting but will choke me – deliver me from such choices.
Jdg 4:18 And Jael came out to meet Sisera and said to him, “Turn aside, my lord; turn aside to me; do not be afraid.” So he turned aside to her into the tent, and she covered him with a rug.
Jdg 4:19 And he said to her, “Please give me a little water to drink, for I am thirsty.” So she opened a skin of milk and gave him a drink and covered him.
Jdg 4:21 But Jael the wife of Heber took a tent peg, and took a hammer in her hand. Then she went softly to him and drove the peg into his temple until it went down into the ground while he was lying fast asleep from weariness. So he died.
31. Father, everyone who looks like a friend that the devil wants to use to destroy and stop me – EXPOSE THEM.
32. Father, everyone who looks like an associate and helper that devil wants to use to destroy and stop me – EXPUNGE THEM.
33. Father, everyone who looks like an angel around me that is suggesting choices that will stop me – SHUT THEM UP!
34. ASK GOD FOR THE RIGHT DECISION ON A CHOICE YOU ARE ABOUT TO MAKE!
For in Jesus name we have prayed! Amen.